Food allergy notice:
- If you have a food allergy or special dietary requirement, please inform us before you place your order through.
- Fondant and fresh cream cakes must be refrigerated when not being used.
- Celebration cakes can be used and stored in fridge for maximum 3 days.
- Orders can be placed through our email and our social media pages such as Instagram and Facebook. We do accept telephone orders and you may contact us with the telephone numbers provided on the website.
- Please order in advance as we do not like to push and rush our customers. For large social events such as weddings, cakes for corporate events, etc. We recommend an ideal average term of 4 to 5 months and for smaller cakes we recommend an ideal time frame of 2 to 3 weeks.
- 50% of the total payment has to be paid as deposit when placing an order through; and we will provide you with an order confirmation via text.
- It would be appreciated if you could please check your order confirmation and inform us if any items are incorrect.
- Deposits apply to all orders made with Éclair Cake. Deposits are fully refundable if cancelled within the first 24 hours of the making of the original booking.
- The remaining amount (the balance) can be transferred 24hours prior to the collection day or by cash on the day (we do accept card payments as well).
- Your quotes are valid for 5 days from the date discussed, if no deposit is received within that time, then the booking slot will be released, and prices may change.
- For larger cakes such as weddings, etc. payment plans can be offered to you by our team, on cakes to spread the cost over a longer period; however, the cost of the cake would need to be paid off 2 weeks before the cake is needed.
- Adjustments to orders can be done however, they should be requested first. We might not be able to amend them if the requests are made within a short notice.
- Address, date and time of the collection will be given once the order has been accepted. If you are not able to collect your cake on the selected day due to any reasons, please contact us earlier to let us know. We might be able to hold the cake for you until the evening of that day. If not collected on the selected date, the cake will not be held for longer and the deposit will not be refunded. Collection and safely transportation of the cake is fully the customer’s responsibility.
- Whilst the cakes are in our possession, we take full responsibility. Once the cake has left our premises; we are no longer responsible for any damages to the cake therefore please take good care of them once collected.
- All of our cakes require a cool storage therefore please keep your cakes in the fridge until the cake is required, especially in the summer months.
- All decorations on the cakes (e.g., fondant dolls, flowers, butterflies, figures etc.) are edible however we may use wire in them for decoration therefore they should be kept away from children access and not be eaten.
- Some cake designs as well as tall cakes may include wooden sticks in them to help the cake stay in place, therefore, please avoid smashing cakes in someone’s face. Any injuries or problems arising from this is not our responsibility and completely the customer’s.
- Please be on time for pick up on the day of the cake collection.
Collecting and transporting your cakes:
- Please take good care of your cakes when carrying them; hold the box flat along the bottom of the packaging.
- If transporting your cakes in your vehicle, please make sure it’s placed in the passenger footwell or flat in the boot.
- Please, keep the cakes in the fridge until needed. Make sure your AC is on during hot summer days to avoid the cake from getting melted.